Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 7 - What's For Dinner

Today, Monday, October 10th, is Day 8 of the diet. First actual cooking opportunity that involved a little bit of effort.
We made Wheat Free/Gluten Free Homemade Macaroni & Cheese. We also made Wheat Free/Gluten Free Salmon Patties. Below is the picture of the outcome.

I posted the recipes for both of these items separately so people could search for them easier.

Thoughts & Tips:
I don't think I'd do anything different. For my first experience actually creating something without wheat products, I think it turned out very good. This entire meal happens to not only be wheat free, but gluten free. I know many who may read this are gluten free, that wasn't our goal, just a nice side effect. We chose a pasta that was wheat free AND gluten free, but mainly because gluten free seems to be the main option available even though we are seeking to only eliminate one ingredient from our life. We may at some point attempt to make homemade pasta, but for now........

No comments:

Post a Comment