Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 4 - Daily Journal

Day 4 weight is down ten pounds total!
Wahoo! I know you lost fast in the beginning of most diets, but this is the fastest I have lost weight since my bariatric surgery four years ago!
I cannot believe that cutting one ingredient completely from your diet can make this kind of difference. Even when I cut sugar and went to using almost all Splenda (before I knew it was evil and before I knew I was allergic), I didn't lose weight this fast. I realize the plateau will come at some point, but so far, it has not been very difficult to adjust.
I worked again today, and I tend to not have time to eat while I'm at work, but I did manage to grab a few pieces of bacon and potato cakes somewhere in my morning. I put Split Pea Soup with Ham in the crockpot before leaving for work, so that is my dinner tonight. Another old family favorite, little effort and completely wheat free, so its a meal already in our "normal" that needs no adjusting. Please refer to my regular food blog for this recipe.
I should mention that for liquids that I am drinking, nearly every day I have about half a gallon of sweetened iced tea and about 16 ounces of 1% milk. As a general rule, those are my staples. I do not drink soda at all. I might have an OJ at work maybe Koo-laid at home from time to time, but more or less, iced tea IS my water.
Another early day tomorrow, so off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment