Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Substituting Ingredients

So, in order to make some of your every day recipes, you need to substitute several ingredients in order to attain a decent comparable product. I did research quite a few suggested recipes to use in replacement of wheat in my food. It is complicated. For instance, it takes four or more base ingredients mixed together to achieve the same cup for cup ratio you would use in regular old flour. Again, I'm sure I'll get used to this eventually, just starting out is tough on several accounts.
The investment into this lifestyle can seem quite daunting. Ingredients ARE more expensive. Period. No question about it. The choice to live this way isn't an option for some. I am CHOOSING this. I do not have a known allergy to wheat. Gluten free is a byproduct because so many alternatives for wheat free tend to also be gluten free. And initially, when you are starting with nothing, it is very daunting, so I'm trying to be positive as I make my purchases and remember it's for the greater good. As I mentioned before, it's also a lack of availability in my area. I wish we had better options.
I need to grow my confidence in making my choices and some of that is going to be through trial and error. I am grateful there are so many helpful blogs and websites to peruse. The library is also quite helpful. I love that they connect with other libraries to make other books available to me. I am adding links as I find ones that are helpful to me. Feel free to comment if you find something useful and if it fits my criteria, I'll add it.
Thanks for following the journey

No comments:

Post a Comment